Accounts Receivable Manager
The Accounts Receivable I is responsible for processing and monitoring incoming payments and securing revenue by verifying, posting and depositing payments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Post wholesale customer payments by recording cash, checks, ACH, and credit card transactions as assigned
- Prepare wholesale customer monthly statements
- Prepare wholesale Daily Reconciliation
- ACH transaction entries to bank
- Review daily reports for pending orders and payment terms
- Review accounts and determine approval/denial for pending orders
- Prepare wholesale weekly Hold list for past due customers
- Contact customers regarding past due balances
- Prepare payment agreements for wholesale customers
- Resolve any account discrepancies with wholesale customers
- Review wholesale accounts for terms
- Receive credit requests and send out credit reference requests
- Assist in review of new customer account set up and contact customer after final approval as needed
- Work with the sales team to provide our customers with the best possible service
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager, updating forms, procedures, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
High school graduate or equivalent, associate degree with an emphasis on accounting preferred, with (3) years’ experience in an accounts receivable or related position. Other experience may be considered as a substitute.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and problem-solving abilities
- Professional and common-sense confidentiality skills
- Attention to detail, prioritizing, organizational, and multitasking abilities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Intermediate mathematical skill – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, markups, proportions and percentages
- Ability to use standard office equipment and software, basic keyboard/computer skills
- Familiarity with Internet and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Eagle Epicor software a plus
- Familiarity with products/SKU’s a plus
- Dependable, punctual, professional
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Nursery and horticulture supply knowledge a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Works primarily 95% of the time indoors in a climate-controlled, smoke-free environment, with moderate noise levels. The employee may also work 5% of the time outdoors or in buildings that are not climate-controlled where (s)/he may be exposed, and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or agricultural elements due to the nature of the business.
Mandatory overtime in the busy season and some Saturdays.
Majority of the day is spent sitting and occasionally standing, working on a computer. May have occasional lifting of less than 10-25 lbs.
Limited supervision of Accounts Receivable I