The job of the Yard Worker III is to maintain outdoor landscapes, clean outdoor facilities and grounds surrounding buildings, and take direction for general yard upkeep.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain grounds
- Improve landscapes, prune shrubs, plants, and trees
- Maintain cleanliness of yard
- Yard Upkeep: rake fallen leaves and remove debris
- Plant new flowers, bushes, plants and decorative shrubs
- Work safely for self and the wellbeing of fellow workers
- Mow and Weed grounds as needed
- Use of herbicides, pesticides knowledge
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
High school graduate or equivalent.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail, prioritizing, organizational, and multitasking abilities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Dependable, punctual, professional
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to drive a company vehicle on company property
- Nursery and horticulture supply knowledge a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Works entirely outdoors in all climates; including cold, rain, snow, and heat and may occasionally work in buildings that are not climate-controlled; in a smoke-free environment with loud noise levels and dust. The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or agricultural elements due to the nature of the business. Must wear correct protective gear for handling items properly and safely; rain gear, face mask, body suits, eye protection, ear plugs, gloves. On feet most of the day, occasional sitting, golf cart, driving company vehicles.
Mandatory overtime in the busy season and some Saturdays.
Ability to spend part of the day sitting and occasionally standing. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Ability to move/lift 50+ lbs.; stand/lift/reach from ladder; push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop and reach overhead. Must have good balance, common sense, manual dexterity, and use proper lifting techniques.
No direct supervision of any employees.