The primary job of the Warehouse Worker I is to process orders, break down pallets received, and to rotate and fill products in the warehouse. This is an entry level position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately process orders according to procedure
- Break down pallets to be received
- Rotate and fill product
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse
- Work safely for self and the wellbeing of fellow workers
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Help unload trucks and process product
- Other duties as assigned
High school graduate or equivalent. Experience as a warehouse worker a plus.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail, prioritizing, organizational, and multitasking abilities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Basic mathematical skills – the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Ability to use standard office equipment and software, basic keyboard/computer skills
- Dependable, punctual, professional
- Ability to drive a company vehicle on company property
- Ability to be trained in safe forklift operation
- Nursery and horticulture supply knowledge a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Works primarily in buildings that are not climate-controlled (90 % of time); in a smoke-free environment with loud noise levels and dust. The employee may also work outdoors in all climates; including cold, rain, snow, and heat. The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or agricultural elements due to the nature of the business. Must wear correct protective gear for handling items properly and safely; rain gear, face mask, body suits, eye protection, ear plugs, gloves. On feet most of the day, occasional sitting; forklift operating, golf cart, driving company vehicles.
Mandatory overtime in the busy season and some Saturdays.
Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time. Ability to move/lift 50+ lbs.; stand/lift/reach from ladder; push/pull squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop, and reach overhead. Must have good balance, common sense, manual dexterity, and use proper lifting techniques.