The Accounts Payable – COGS primarily deals with cost of goods sold, preparing and processing vendor invoices to be paid. This position works with vendors and internal departments to resolve discrepancies and inform the product pricing process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Check and compare all received paperwork to invoices received from vendors for costs and quantities, daily
- Notify VP of Customer Relations of any price changes, as needed
- Code, post, and file most A/P invoices, daily
- Contact vendors regarding any discrepancies in price, terms, freight cost, or damage follow up, as needed
- Work with Purchasing and Receiving to resolve any issues that may come up
- Document contact about discrepancies, request for invoices and credit memos
- Pull vendor invoices to be paid, weekly
- Maintain vendor pricelist binders, as new price lists come in
- Other invoices as assigned
- Track and order office supplies needed for California and Oregon
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Backup Accounts Payable Manager
- Other duties as assigned
High school graduate or equivalent, associate degree with an emphasis on accounting preferred, with (2) years’ experience in an accounts payable or related position. Other experience may be considered as a substitute.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and problem-solving abilities
- Professional and common-sense confidentiality skills
- Attention to detail, prioritizing, organizational, and multitasking abilities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Intermediate mathematical skill – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, markups, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to use standard office equipment and software, basic keyboard/computer skills
- Familiarity with Internet and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Eagle Epicor software a plus
- Familiarity with products/SKU’s a plus
- Dependable, punctual, professional
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Nursery and horticulture supply knowledge a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Works primarily 95% of the time indoors in a climate-controlled, smoke-free environment, with moderate noise levels. The employee may also work 5% of the time outdoors or in buildings that are not climate-controlled where (s)/he may be exposed, and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or agricultural elements due to the nature of the business.
Mandatory overtime in the busy season and some Saturdays.
Majority of the day is spent sitting and occasionally standing, working on a computer. May have occasional lifting of less than 10-25 lbs.